Do you have a passion for home design? Working on the initial design stages of a project, meeting people and helping them bring their brief to life? If the answer is yes then Optimise Design are looking for you.
Demand for home renovations and extensions are rapidly increasing and our Optimise Home Service is looking to scale up to meet these needs. We are looking for an enthusiastic Architect to join our Optimise Home team on a full-time basis with an immediate start. You would be joining a creative and dynamic team based on 34 Fitzwilliam Street Upper in Dublin 2.
This role will support our Optimise Home team, carrying out surveys, designs, planning applications, client meetings on and off site and presentations. It will also involve overseeing junior team members assisting in the compilation of 2D & 3D drawings as well as presentations. You will be reporting to our Head of Design.
- Meeting clients and travelling to location sites
- Brief taking
- Surveying of properties and site boundaries
- Preparation of design layout drawings
- Preparation of planning application drawings
- Compilation of planning documentation and liaison with local authorities
- Preparation of 3D drawings
- Compilation and delivery of presentations.
- Client liaison
- Third Level – Degree / Diploma in Architecture
- Architect on the RIAI register or person eligible to seek registration as an Architect without further assessment.
- 2-5 years private residential experience
- Excellent understanding of current building regulations, statutory compliance procedures and planning policies.
- Positive work ethic and self-motivated approach.
- Excellent timekeeping and time management skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in Sketch-up
- Ability to use Adobe software such as Indesign and Photoshop
- A full clean drivers licence is essential, a shared company car is available for site visits.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Able to work well in a studio environment as a member of a team.
- Able to contribute to the team as a whole through the sharing of experience, technical skills and creativity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to liaise directly with clients, staff and consultants (in person, phone, email, letter and reports).
- This role will not include preparation of construction drawings or on site implementation
- Working hours are 9.00am -5.30pm with a one-hour lunch break.
- 20 days leave per annum (plus 8 public holidays including Good Friday)
- As a Christmas bonus we close our office between Christmas and New Year giving an additional 5 days leave per annum.
- Good career prospects for the right candidate within our friendly and vibrant practice.
No agency or phone call applications will be accepted, all applications are to be made via email. Please email a copy of your CV & relevant portfolio with details of current salary/salary expectations explaining how you meet the needs of this role to firstname.lastname@example.org